A factory reset of your device can be the easiest way to redo the setup process, say for example you've entered the wrong WiFi password during setup.
Note: Resetting your device will erase all learned room "warmth" settings.
How to perform a factory reset:
- Unplug the Goldilocks USB cable at the back of the unit
- Hold down the "DISPLAY" button (1)
- Plug in the Goldilocks USB cable and wait until you see the boot screen
How to change settings without a factory reset:
While a factory reset is the easiest way to redo the setup process, the only reasons you'll really need to do a factory reset is the following:
- You're moving to a new address (or taking your device on holidays)
- You're moving your device from one room to another
All other scenarios can be fixed without resetting your device and losing your devices learned room "warmth":
- Press and hold the DISPLAY button for 8 seconds
- On the screen of your device the WiFi symbol should have changed to the WiFi AP mode symbol to show Goldilocks is ready to accept WiFi connections
- Using your phone or computer connect to the WiFi network "goldilocks_XXXX"
- Once connected you will be prompted to "set up" your device again
NOTE: in this scenario you will need to fill out the entire setup form again including your address and WiFi password.